Re: Dak wont't start / run / stalls

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 23:49:51 EDT

Good news???

I drove the Dak out to the local cruise nite and back and only started it
twice! Once each way, and I actually needed to turn the key to stut it
down. I think this is the first (maybe second) time that this has happened
in nearly a year.

I'm thinking of tempting the gods of fate and driving it in to work I've
only done that once this year and I fell about 5 miles short:(

I tried calling a few local dealers to see if I could get a new coil
connector. Does anyone have an six star dealers near them, cause the 5 star
ones that I've called so far in Detroit havn't been much help. None can
sell the coil connector unless you get the whole wire harness. Which is
discontinued and no dealer or junkyard in the country has one (I already
tried to find one as a hopefull easy fix to my problem).

Alternatives.
1. (good) Anyone know any electroics place that would sell this connector?
2. (good) What's a good aftermarket coil to use to replace the stock coil
that doesn't have an OEM connector on it?
3. (ok) I'm going to try to see if a junkyard that has an already hacked
harness will sell me the connector and I'll pull it apart and re-wire it to
my recently spliced wires.

David 94 CC 4x4, 5spd, Lifted BFG 33" MT