Re: re:Subject: Dak wont't start / run / stalls

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 21:41:31 EDT

Here's the update from my weekend of work.

Swaped the AC & Auto Shutdown Relays in the PDC.
Swapped the Fuel Pump & Starter Relays in the PDC.

It still stalled out a couple times with the relays switched, so it doesn't
look like a relay problem.

Spent about 6 hours pealing off electrical tape from the wire harness.

Unscreewed, scrapped the screws and connectors from all of the ground
connctions I found on the firewall & fenders.

Snipped off and re did about 6 or 7 splices that didn't look that great on
the wire harness.
Replaced the wire going to the coil up to the splice above the valve covers.
I'm going to see if I can get a new connector from the dealer, but the
connector didn't look that bad, and the coil is fairly new.

Covered the wires back up with some new split loom tube to protect them and
still make it easy to get back at if I need to again.

After all this it still starts and runs and hasn't stalled since the last
batch of changes but I only started it 2 or 3 times and didn't let it run
until it stalled out. Unfortunatly, all that proves is that I probably
didn't make the problem worse.

I'll finish bolting a few things back down that I pulled off tomorrow and
see if I can get it to die again. Pavement other than my driveway seems to
help with stalling as I can't just get out and walk back into the house :)

David