Re: major brake problem! HELP

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 06:28:34 EDT

Tim,
      I just checked the Auto Zone web site and they list a re-man Z-brake
caliper for your truck, if its 2WD, for about $35/side. They also list the
same part number for the 4WD trucks. Its Fenco parts C584 for the left and
C585 for the right. If you only want top get the kit, it depends on the
size of your brakes, according to the website. For 9 inch brakes they have
a kit listed as normally stocked at the store, Brakeware, P/N 66599 for
$2.99. For the 10 inch brakes they list the kit as available on the web
only, Brakeware P/N 60139 for $1.99. The only thing that make me go hmmmm
is the caliper kits list 2 different size brakes but the 2WD and the 4WD
trucks take the same rotors and no mention of different size brakes. You
might want to call a local Auto Zone and ask them. If you don't have a
local store, you can call the toll free number, 1-800-288-6966. If nothing
else, you could get the parts mail order from them or start checking other
on line shops for what you need.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE