A (re) introduction - and a snow tire question for the 96

From: Jacobs, Lee (Lee.Jacobs@Med.VA.Gov)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 11:35:38 EDT

Hello (again)
Like Jon, I have a 96 CC SLT 4x4 318
http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914/Dakota.html

I am re-introducing myself since the last time I was on this list was (I
believe) 1997
(Boy, I missed you guys !!) So "howdy-ho, neighbor".

It's time for new tread -
I still have the factory rubber on it, and now live where a 4-foot snow is
not unheard of.
It's time for some serious snow tires.
If things still hold true, the larges tires on a factory 94-96 are 10.5 x
31's.
It's time for me to go shopping, so those of you with 'factory' I.E. no lift
kit or trimmed fenders,
what have YOU found to be the best tire and size combination for serious
slick snow/pavement/dirt
roads ? (Other than chains or studs, as it does get sunny up here and the
roads do melt !).
People who live in Florida need not answer ! <grin>

I call upon the great knowledge amassed in this list, and am glad to be back
'home' again !!

- Lee - AKA The MountainDAK
96 CC SLT 4x4 318
72 Porsche 914-6 (The Mountain914)