Re: not getting DML mail

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 15:26:24 EDT

Pukeloser@aol.com wrote:

: Hey all,

: I haven't been receiving Dml mail for the past few days, I have been checking
: the archives for responses to my posts. I'd bet this is another aol
: issue,anyone know whats up?

   I wouldn't doubt it! I just checked the logs and your address is
listed as one of the recipients of the DML mail being sent to AOL.
So, its getting to AOL, but what is happening from there I don't know.
AOL seems to have a nasty habit of deciding a piece of mail is spam
and dropping it. Trouble is, they're pretty bad at determining what
is and isn't spam! :-P

   Here's my personal, completely biased take on the situation... Ever
since AOL has entered the ISP business, it has sucked at it. Badly.
I highly recommend switching to a *real* ISP, without all the proprietary
junk. That interface just gets in the way; all you really need is an IP
address. There are thousands of local ISPs out there which do a better
job than AOL and are cheaper to boot! Or, if for some reason you must
stick with AOL, another option is to sign up for a free Yahoo e-mail
account and read your DML e-mail there, or use the newsgroup (NNTP) version
of the DML. (http://www.dakota-truck.net/newsgroup.html)

  If you decide to check with AOL tech support about the problem, I
would be happy to provide whatever assistance I can, including dates
and times and message IDs of DML mail being sent to AOL, etc.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'