Question about hubs

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 18:02:52 EDT

Well I still love my new Dakota. I do have a quick
question. Last night it was pouring when I went home,
I was hitting some pretty deep rain. So put it into
4wd (why not use it) so I would hopefully not slide
all over the road. It worked and I got home just fine.
But the question came to the hubs. I know that on my
old pathfinder I had to back up about 15 feet to
unlock the hubs after I took it out of 4wd. I was
wondering if I have to do the same with the dakota. I
looked though the owners book and they did not say
anything about the hubs. I tried to find out on the
stickers on the side of the truck but still nothing.

Thanks
Matt Tharp