Re: MA State Troopers

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 22:59:07 EDT

Yeah,SUUUURRRE you did! One look at your signature
tells the whole story,pal. :) The "Yellow beast gets
you pulled over" because you simply "cruise home from
work"? PPFFFFFT!! I am sorry,but the DML advocates
driving responsibly within posted limits,and I am
positive everyone here does exactly that. I know I
sure do. Steve P.
--- MAGNUM S/T <khoegen@charter.net> wrote:

> Got pulled over today after I passed a couple of
> cars going slow in the left
> hand lane. I'm not much of a tailgater myself, but I
> do see many folks who
> use tailgating as a way of sending a message to the
> guy to move aside (if ya
> ask me that's a stupid way to do it)
>
> Anyway, when the time was right, I simply went into
> the far right lane
> (there was a semi in the middle lane), cruised about
> 1/4mile, then got back
> into the left lane (never reaching much more than
> 70mph).
>
> Well, here comes a MA Statey...pulls me over and
> tells me I was pulled over
> for 'aggressive driving'....mind you he said I
> wasn't speeding...and I even
> used my directional. I ended up getting cited for
> 'following too close' and
> 'aggressive lane changing'....$200!
>
> Honestly, I wasn't tailin the dude...but I suppose
> from the statey's
> perspective it may have appeared so (I was bout 2
> truck lengths back). I
> believe this is in response to 'Road rage' type
> drivin...something MA has
> been crackin down on. Although sometimes I do find
> myself pissed off when
> someone cuts me off...today I was simply 'cruisin'
> home from work. I plan to
> go to the court on this one....just wondered if
> anyone else has run into
> this?...of course if anyone has a good defense I can
> use it's welcome...this
> is one of those "subjective" type citation...and I
> never know which way they
> can go. :-(
>

> --
> Kevin
> http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen
> Home of the "MAGNUM S/T"
> This damn Yellow beast gets me pulled over more
> times........

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.