Re: Question about hubs

From: Dave McGuire (chopped_spinach@mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 03:33:05 EDT

        Dakotas, genII on anyway, don't use locking hubs, the front shaft
spins with wheels and is only disconnected at the transfer case. This
means you can go from 4 wheel to 2 with out doing anything special.
        I am intimately familiar with the working of the np237 transfer
case, mine exploded one day and had to rebuild a jeep one with some of
my parts to get my truck running again. (btw... NEVER RUN YOUR TRUCK AT
HIGHWAY SPEEDS WITH OUT ANY OIL IN YOU TRANSFER CASE!!!) I think i
cracked it while 4 wheeling/camping and it shattered after an hour or 2
at highway speeds, almost got me home. :D

Dave McGuire
'93 4x4 cc 3.9L, 5-speed