RE: girlfriend

From: Engelsman, Konnie (konnie_engelsman@adp.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 09:05:24 EDT

Hi Danny,
wow, this sucks. I have to agree with the other post that states if she is
this controlled at 19, she probably does have some issues. this is, of
course, assuming that she is aware her mom/grandma are doing this. talk to
your girlfriend about it first. if she's not aware, see what she thinks
about this. She needs to confront them about it since they won't even give
you a chance to speak, and their behavior is affecting HER life. if she
does know what's going on & it doesn't seem abnormal to her, it isn't likely
that it will change anytime soon. If that is the case, and it bothers you,
which it obviously does, then it might be time to look for another chick.
Getting a cellphone might help, but get a pre-paid one so you don't get
stuck with the bill if things don't work out ! However, keep in mind that if
they are that overprotective, they will find another way to keep you away
and they will continue finding ways until she tells them SHE won't stand for
it. Best of luck to you.