Re: Engine Rebuild Options--sell now?

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 19:32:43 EDT

Yeah, I guess that is a viable option I've overlooked. How much
do you think I could get for it as is? It's burning about a
quart of oil every 100 miles, so it definitely needs the
rebuild. Should I just deduct the cost of rebuild from the
Kelly Blue Book value? That'd leave me asking around $10K . . .
that seems like a tough loss if I can get $14K (big "if" I know)
with the 360 if I drive it back to Oregon (see my "#3" reply).
Actually, there's a number of reasons that option probably
wouldn't be the best for me and I won't bore you with them, but
thanks for bringing it up. I'd still be curious to hear what
anyone thinks my truck with a bum engine would be worth.

Thanks,
Jason