NuImage Gauges

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 08:10:41 EDT

Not to burst any bubbles or anything, but I just got and installed the
NuImage platinum gauge face AND A/C controls for $120 shipped. I got them
from www.truckperformance.com
$79 a set is not really a savings.
A few tips I can provide :
1: if you have a 99-00 the odometer section is different, the gauges are
made for the different odo on the 97-98. You will have to cut your stock
gauge and place it beneath the NuImage gauges otherwise you see the odo
readout as a plain lcd screen. Very ugly.
2: remove the foam from the back of the stock gauges (carefully) and put it
on the back of the NuImage gauges, this will keep light from bleading over
to indicators (This helps ALOT and only takes an extra 10 minutes), oh just
use your fingernail to pull up the foam from the stockers, don't use a knife
of they will rip.
3: Prepare to spend alot of time removing the glue around the A/C controls,
when you remove the factory face the glue stays behing :(

I also bought one of those aluminum overlays from ebay and painted it, you
could paint it to match the color of your truck or something, but I
reccommend it cause the NuImage platinum or white is just too much of one
color staring back at you.

Also if you have a 97-98 you are going to have a hard time putting the
needles back, at least with 99-00 you can do the key on-off trick to get
them back to calibrated.

I can send some pics to whoever wants some so you can see what I mean. Heck
I may even throw them up on the internet !

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed