Re: RE: Autolite Spark Plugs....But,

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 07:08:09 EDT

I went to Autozone here in Delaware yesterday and asked for Autolite plugs.
They told me they don't carry Autolite plugs and tried to sell me NGK. I
told them thanks but no thanks. They told me I could probably get them from
Pep Boys. I went to there and what a joke. They only had 2 guys behind the
parts counter and they were both looking for some parts for a guy and
looking like they were lost. They had about 4 other customers standing
there at that time. I went up front and asked when are the sparkplugs and
the manager told me they were behind the parts counter. I told him you
gotta be kidding me, there are about 4 other customers standing there and
your 2 clerks back there are acting as if they couldn't find the water from
the middle of Silver Lake. I left right then and there. When I came out of
the store there was a guy with a tow truck writing down my tag number. I
asked him what he thought he was doing and he told me he was getting ready
to tow my truck! When I asked him why, he told me that that parking lot was
only for Pep Boys customers. I told him I was just in the store and He said
well you dont have a store bag, so Im supposed to tow it. I told him go
ahead and try it. Got my sons in the truck and left. Guess that will teach
me to go to PepBoys on race day in Dover. Especially since the track sits
directly behind the store. I will never go to the Pep Boys in Dover for
anything ever. If they happen to be the only place in town that has
something I want, I'll wait and get it from someplace else. Sorry for the
rant.....

Ray Irons
Dover, DE