Re: RE: Autolite Spark Plugs....But,

From: Gerald Harnage (Socrato@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 00:13:17 EDT

Ray,
Pep Boys have never done anything to impress me, even down here in
Georgia...I had some new shocks put on a GTI about 3 years ago and when I
was driving home I hit a pot hole and it sounded like the whole front end
was coming off, I pulled over and found the nuts just sitting on the first
thread on the top of the shock towers, not anywhere close to being tightened
down, let alone torqued properly. Of course I drove back and got the
problem rectified.
Then last time I went to a Pep Boys, I had some new tires put on my wife's
car, as we are checking out at the register the girl was having problems
trying to run a credit card...finally the manager had to come over and
finish the sale, but unknown to us, the girl had palmed the credit card, and
we we're so relieved to finally have the sale completed and be on our way
that we didn't realize that they had not given us the card back.
Well, we finally found out a week later when Discover called us to tell us
that the charges were over the limit and that they could not extend the
credit. Turns out that the cashier had the card and took a trip to
Cleveland, Ohio and went on a shopping spree.
Yep, nothing but bad memories from Pep Boys.