Re: Cross-Threaded Oil Drain Plug

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 10:58:52 EDT

>>> adakota4x4@hotmail.com 09/23/02 07:22AM >>>
 ...It's not leaking so I've got time to come up with a solution....Should I run a tap of the current size in it and see if a new drain plug will fit, or should I run a tap that's one size bigger and buy a drain plug to fit that?
  Any suggestions are welcome.>>>>>>>>

I have been looking at a couple of the different oil-change "helper" products, namely Futmovalve.com ( I think that is spelled correctly) and Fram also has a drain-plug replacement product. The Futmo valve may be a workable replacement just by virtue of the fact that you order them by size and thread pitch, so theoretically, you could tap it to whatever size you like, and just buy the appropriate size valve. Maybe if someone already has either of these products, they can give better advice...

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+

Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.

Contact Info:
217-899-6105 Cell
217-467-8673 Page

Alternate Email:
barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk
on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T Instant Messenging clients