Re: Modified TB 5.2

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 08:55:52 EDT

Ray,
That peice you are referring to is actually one of those aluminum overlays
found on ebay for $20. Its actually not black, but I painted that along with
my door panels and interior with the kamelion paint. It changes from green
to purple. I had to put about 4-5 coats on the aluminum peice to 'fill-in'
the brushed aluminum. I wanted that because I thought the platinum or white
gauges were just too much of one bright color. I frequently look down at my
radar detector (on top of the steering coloum) and needed a nice visual
appearance before me :)
I have to give credit to a fellow DML-er for giving me the idea to paint it,
but I cannot recall who it was.

The TB was purchased from Sam at SOCALDAKOTA.com. I actually got it from
ebay for $100 shipped with all sensors, new gaskets, and all bolts. It used
to say HOLLEY, and I thought I got a performance one, but later found out it
was OE for Dodge LOL

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed