Re: Sunroof/Moonroof A few Q's...

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 22:16:59 EDT

Hi Marty
     Better check the factory svs manual for a diagram of how the roof in
your particular model truck (I don't know what you have) is braced before
buying a sunroof. I know that mine is supported in such a way that no
sunroof of any dimension can be fitted to it without a removal of all the
headliner and welding in a replacement support, which would blister the
roof paint and require repainting the roof besides. I also have the mini
roof console which, if left in place requires a sunroof to be too far back in
the roof of a 2k CC in my opinion.
     I would dearly love to have a sun roof in my Dakota, however, since it
is structurally out of reason I bought a Mazda Miata to tool around in when I
don't need my truck for the occasion with the entire top down at all times,
just a tonneau cover in place most of the time. It's a fun little car and a
top down is vastly preferred to a sliding or tilting sun roof.

Paul Sahlin in sunny California