Fun at the new owner party

From: Thumper (thumper72@lvcm.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 00:01:42 EDT

So today was my "Oh boy, you just bought a new Dodge" party at the dealer.
I really wasn't going to go but they bribe everyone with a $50.00 gift cert.
to the parts Dept., and a free tank of any grade gas at Chevron :)

Before the thing got started I was talking with a guy who had just bought a
Ram and was pretty knowledgeable about the Rams (his 3rd). Apparently there
is a new service manager so this guy said "I'm going to find out just what
he knows". During the Q&A he asked the service manager "Can you explain how
the 45RFE multispeed transmission works"? LOL, the service manager told
this big long story about how the transmission doesn't have gears like old
transmissions (i.e.: 1,2,3,4) but instead will shift as needed depending on
your acceleration. Really it made no sense what he said. So the Ram owner
said "Oh, I thought it meant it had 2 second gear ratios...one for
upshifting and one for downshifting". The service manager looked puzzled
and went on to the next question....LOL

The Next Question:
Another guy asked "How far can I go in upgrading with aftermarket
accessories before the warranty is void"? The manager proceeded to tell him
that using aftermarket parts can void the ENTIRE warranty. So I spoke up
and told the guy to go to sema.org and read about the laws regarding the
issue. The manager then says "I cannot condone anything Mr. Boggs just
said" and gave me a look that could kill!

So anyway....a privately owned dealership that was once full of
knowledgeable and helpful staff is now owned by AutoNation and beginning to
go downhill. Corporate America....ya gotta love it.

Bill Boggs
thumper72@lvcm.com
http://www.lvcm.com/thumper/home.html
"Blue Thunder"