RE: RE: 5.2 Stock TB, where to find em

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 09:20:35 EDT

Well, I'm not Sam but I can answer some of your questions.

All V8 TBs are the same size but the linkage varies by year.
92-93 are alike
94-95 are alike
96 and newer are alike
The throttle cables are unique to these groups. Don't know how they compare
to the V6 cables but the dealer can tell you if the cables are different
between V6 and V8. Easy swap.

Pre-magnums have the injectors in the TB so they won't work.

Sensors should bolt in. I swapped a '96-newer TB onto my '92 Dak and the
sensors and cables (except the throttle cable) bolted right up. However, I
found slightly improved cruise control operation after I changed that cable
to the newer version.

HTH..
Ray