Re: RE: 5.2 Stock TB, where to find em

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 06:18:18 EDT

Sam,
      I f I get a V8 TB does it matter from which year and eng size or are
they all the same? I have a 98 V6 and I think I can get my hands on a TB
from a 96 5.2. I know the pre-magnum eng TB's won't work, at least I'm
pretty sure of that. Will the sensors from the V6 TB swap right onto the V8
TB? I'ver heard the throttle cable has to be switched out as well. What
effect does swapping the TB have on cruise control if I have to swap out
the V6 cable for a V8 cable? The cruise cable hooks up to a separate lug on
the TB linkage plate. TIA for any and all info.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE