RE: brake problems

From: K M (hipburwig@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 20:17:20 EDT

Subject: DML: RE: RE: RE: RE: brake problems
(again)...need help!!!

well, to answer your question about why dodge did
something
different...ask
this. up to 98 there is a set of part numbers, they
changed the brakes
in
99, and 00+ they changed them again...why did they
change it for only
one
year! I think dodge knows something we don't!

The only thing I can think of is the pads sit on top
of the little
mounts
(same part that the caliper mounts to. this reaches
over the rotor.
but
there is no springs. just hard mount points.

well, I'll take them in and find out what the heck is
going on.

     The pads on the gen III daks on the 2 and 4 wd is
pretty much the same pad as the older 4 wd drive pad.
The older 2 wd daks had this little wire anti rattle
clip that had to be pused in the 2 little holes in the
cal an dpressed against the spindle to hold it down.
Th e 4wd has a pad just like the 2wd except for a clip
on the out board pad that holds the pad to the caliper
and a part of it has a piece that goes toward the top
and presses against the spindle. your pads should a
clip on the out board pad and should go towards the
top.