Re: A/T Cooler Check Valve

From: Dennis & Becky Anderson (whatelse@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 23:30:07 EDT

The truck is a 96 with the 46RE A/T.
The local Dodge dealership tech said it is needed to maintain the "prime" in
the pump when shut down. This seems backward to me, generally the prime has
to be maintained between the source (sump) and the pump, not beyond the
pump.
Is Dodge implying that leakdown through the pump of ALL the fluid in the
cooler lines will occur without the check valve since the return line
empties into the A/T case above the level of the fluid in the sump, i.e.
"vacuum-break syndrome".