Re: Nitrous

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 02:24:36 EDT

I'm not quite sure how it could head back out of the engine if the ignition
timing is right, because if the vacume created by the pistons pulling the
air/fuel charge into the engine.......IE" Throttle pressure" .. that's just
plain old engine vacume!
my experience with NOS with nitrous backfires
is either a problem with the ignition timing or fuel solenoid that doe not
open or otherwise malfunctions
or a lack of fuel from a inadequate fuel system..
Or someone trying to use a kit that's jetted to damn big for the engine, and
not supplying enough fuel!!

As far as the valve springs ..they prevent valve float
at high engine RPM and provide a stiffer valvetrain for for the camshaft to
increase the RPM range of the engine.........also help to prevent premature
wear on the camshaft.............cam manufacturer's recommends specific
seat pressures to aid valvetrain stability and so the camshaft wears
properly.
The valves have to be open as well as the throttle for the nitrous to enter
the cylinder head chamber......

Yea,....I use NOS, but in small doses that I like to call "A little
sneeze"..........and I've never had a nitrous backfire...........My Charger
had a small plate kit called the "SUPER POWER SHOT" it was jetted for a 125
hp setting installed on a Mopar Perf..."380 MAGNUM" crate motor.......I'm
just about ready to add "A little sneeze" to my 3.9 for next summer's track
adventures!!!!!

Ron- '01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website: www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com