RE: Headers

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 10:48:06 EDT

I bought the Gibson (chrome, a.k.a. Doug Thorley) headers many years ago and
had them stripped at a local plating shop. Then sent them off to Jet Hot
for the ceramic coating. Jet Hot's only solution to removing the chrome
was sand blasting.

It would be cheaper though to buy ceramic coated headers in the first place.
Ceramic coating will last longer and retain heat in the headers better, also
reducing heat in the engine compartment. The chrome will discolor badly
over time.

Ray