Re: theoretical diesel question

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 12:08:32 EDT

I thought this was going to be hard. There are two
Diesel 3rd gen Dakotas, Jeff at Southern Truck Parts
Buildt a Blue one. And we all should know about Banks
sidwinder. I saw the blue at the dragstrip. It was a
12v CTD and it was a very tight fit. They had to put
the Rad in the bed. and still had to trim the fire
wall a bit to make it fit. But it was very fast and it
has won serval burnout contest. I still think he is
sorting out some issuse. I think it ran 12?? with a
mild diesel. I know his white 2500 runs 11's all day
long. When I get to work I will post the links for you

Matt

BARRY OLIVER wrote:Ok, some like diesels, some don't,
some think they are a good idea, somedon't - Here's my
question:IF someone were to want to end up with a
diesel Dak, what would youstart with? Specifically,
does any generation of Dak provide a betteror worse
platform for the swap. Also, assuming the donor motor
has tocome from somewhere, what type and size of motor
would be a good matchfor the dakota's size? Turbo or
non turbo? Displacement? I would saythat since this is
a theoretical exercise, anything goes. If you thinkthe
best way to do this would be to start with a 3.9
magnum block.. sobe it. Disclaimer: This is kind-of a
what if you won the lottery type ofquestion, There is
no correct or incorrect answer. Treat it likefantasy
football - nobody give anyone grief about the
(im)practicalityof their choices. Thank you for your
time.-BarryMCP, A+, Network+, Server+Efficiency is
doing things right.Effectiveness is doing the right
things.Character is doing the right thing when nobody
is looking.Contact Info: =================217-899-6105
Cell 217-467-8673 Page =================Alternate
Email:=================barryoliver@novanis.comUsername:
barrysuperhawkon AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T Instant
Messenging clients=================