Re: WAS: stroker parts arrived....NOW: H/D tranny

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 20:45:16 EDT

>From what I understand, you can throw a 46RE in it w/ driveshaft
modifications... or just build the hell outta the smaller tranny... ;)
If this tranny decides to give out... I'll be on the search for a 46RE...

Tim Berry - Chesapeake, VA
97 Dakota Club Cab SLT (4315lbs)
318's best: 13.28@103.75
360's best: 13.03@103.76
355.8RWHP 395.2RWTQ (runnin lean)

> I'm wondering about the tranny too.
> If i get the 360 for my off-road purposes, i think i would want to replace
> my current tranny with something beefier.
> And it has to be automatic, any ideas?
>
> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....
>

> >I'm still runnin the 44RE (rebuilt) but everything behind the tranny is
> >100%
> >stock... even the gears (3.55) I'm sure they will handle it.. the
trannys
> >are the weakest link... trust me... mines been rebuilt ~4 times....
this
> >last time I went to KRC for advice, and he refered me to SMR
Transmissions