Re: RE: Mobil One Syn 5-30

From: DYSmith (dysmith@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 22:53:37 EDT

Oops, I didn't specify. Not Mobil I bet, which I've seen recommended.
Probably a knock off of OEM.I trust my mechanic though. (He maintained my 88
Ranger for 13 years. Sold it to my cousin and I would still drive it across
country tomorrow. 175000 miles on it! I'll never go back though, not after
the Dak! )What filter should I use if I stay with the syn? If I crunch some
#'s, I might save money or break even. I am a believer in a long term
relationship!! But, I don't think I could wait another 13 years for a new
Dak!

DySmith
2002 QC Manual 3.92, 4.7 SLT 2WD

Response
 From: Ronald Wong <ron-wong@cox.net>

> It's to your benefit to have the synthetic in there. It's slipperier
> therefore reduced friction. Your gas mileage might improve slightly.
Your