Re: 2003 Ram Diesel

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 07:07:54 EDT

Ed,
      My Dad is retired and he has had several 5th wheel trailers over the
years. His current trailer is a 39 foot Teton Home. Way back in 79, he
wanted to buy a new Dodge with a 440 to pull his trailer and Mopar had
stopped building anything bigger then a 360 in the pick up truck. He also
wanted a club cab and his second choice was chevy until he found out that
GM didn't, at that time, build an extended cab, only a crew cab. So he went
to Ford and bought a F-250 super cab with a 460. He had that for 10 years
and traded it in for another Ford, F-350, crew cab, 460, 5spd. In 85 he
made the switch back to Dodge. He bought a 85 Ram 3500, CC, V-10 5 spd and
he has never regretted it. With the current price of the Cummins engine,
the cost of diesel fuel, which is supposed to be going up a good bit in the
near future, he figured he would never realize the cost savings of the
diesel. He came to Louisiana a few years ago to visit me when I was
stationed there. He called me when he got home and told me about his trip
home. He said he was driving across Arkansas and a guy came up along side
him with a Ram 3500 Turbo Diesel, towing a horse trailer. Dad told me the
guy would go flying by him on the flats but when they came to a hill, Dad
could easily pass him. They finally got to a fairly long flat stretch and
Dad didn't see the guy after that. So to close out this rant, my advice to
you is to try to convince your Dad to consider the Dodge with the V10 or
the new Hemi. It'll cost him loads less in the long run.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE