2003 Ram Diesel

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 11:18:50 EDT

Today I was at an antique tractor show in Temple Texas where a Dodge dealer
had some new Rams on display. 2 were Diesels and the other a 5.7 hemi (348
cu in). I was loooking at the hemi when I noticed 3 other men looking at
one of the new diesels and they kept pointing at the engine like they had
never seen a Cummins before. I walked over and first looked at the price
sticker on the window and then walked over to the raised hood that was now
drawing a crowed of about 6 or 7 people. Then I say why it was drawing such
a crowd. It was running and could not be heard from more than 3 feet from
the engine with the hood open. It was as quiet as a typical gas engine and
everyone was amazed. I also noticed no diesel exhaust smell unless you got
right to the tailpipe. It seems that the new Cummins is very quiet, nearly
oderless and more powerful than former models. Check one out and see what I
mean.
Jim Miller WB5OXQ