RE: RE: Mobil One Syn 5-30

From: BARRY OLIVER (dhspa58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 23:49:58 EDT

Holy Shite!! I almost USED one of those fram filters!!! I read that first site, and then said now, wait a minute, this guy must not like Fram or something.. then I went out and opened up one of the filters I just bought... This guy was right on the money.. the thing was JUNK. Thanks..

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+

Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.

Contact Info:
=================
217-899-6105 Cell
217-467-8673 Page
=================

Alternate Email:
=================
barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk
on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T Instant Messenging clients
=================
>>> ron-wong@cox.net 10/04/02 23:22 PM >>>

Actually, that's not true. There are a lot of articles on oil filters. Of
course, a lot of these are by oil filter manufacturers and you have to take
them with a grain of salt. However, there are others that try to give an
unbiased opinion except what they found in their research. One such site
is: http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study/

There are others as well. There are also sites that do oil analysis.
Blackstone Labs is what a lot of DML'ers use.
That site is: http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

If you don't believe me you should read some of the analyses. I only use
Mobil-1 oil and K&N oil filters in my vehicles. You can take off my valve
covers or my heads and things will look brand new. I'm not the easiest guy
on my engines so I depend on good lubrication to eliminate as much friction
as possible. YMMV.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD