Re: A transcript of messages back and forth with Holley about their Flowtech headers.

From: Dennis & Becky Anderson (whatelse@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 09:46:11 EDT

Bill wrote:

> In case someone else is thinking of ordering the Flowtech Headers here
> is a what Holley says.

Bill -

Thanks for sharing your exchange with Holley. I bet it was frustrating !
I just received a pair of Flowtech headers from Summit Racing. The
headers are Summit p/n SUM-G9045 and are listed to fit 1996 & 1997
Dakotas and Rams with either the 318 or 360 engines. The Summit
catalog names them as Summit's own brand, however the CARB label
on the headers I/D's them as being Flowtech. Summit confirms this.

It looks like they will fit fine on my '96 Dakota, although I'm glad that
the Gen 2 Dak's have the roomiest engine compartment of all -- I can
see why certain firewall mounted components interfere on the Gen 3's.

Your correspondence talks about the Flowtech 91945 headers. The
Summit web site (I don't find them in the catalog) lists them as Summit
p/n BIG-91945 and I/D's them as being made by Flowtech and yes,
says they will fit 1996 to 1999 Dak's and Rams w/ 318's and 360's.

So now I'm wondering what is the difference between the 9045's and
the 91945's ? Too many of the same ordered numerals in both p/n's.
They are both described as, "... painted steel, shorty style, OEM fit,
smog legal, 1-1/2" diameter primary tubes ...". I see no differences.
Summit's pricing is $160 for the 9045's and $188 for the 91945's.

I'm sending Summit a copy of your transcript to make them aware of
the Holley acknowledged application discrepancy for the 91945's and
possible problems with the 9045's fitting into '97 Dak's if the 9045's
have the same size dimensions as the 91945's.

Dennis Anderson