Re: Rear diff fluid

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 09:39:12 EDT

Beware of Dealers on this, When I had my 60k checkup (99CC5.2L) it took them 3 tries and two weeks to get the *correct* fluid in my LSD. Make sure you speak to the mechanic and insure what he puts in is actually what's needed.... I only had mine changed because they threatenend my extended warranty if I didn't have ALL of the recommended service done...

>>> ParkerJ@Pragmatics.com 10/10/02 06:22AM >>>

My dealer keeps harping on me to change the rear diff fluid. My owner's
manual says it is not necessary to change the diff fluid (front or rear)
under normal driving conditions. What would members of this list recommend?
Also, how about the transfer case fluid (I have the full-time transfer
case)?

Thanks.

Jon P. - Annandale, VA

'99 Sport+ 4x4 CC 5.2L Auto