Y-Pipe for Headers

From: Dennis & Becky Anderson (whatelse@qwest.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 18:52:54 EDT

JBA Headers makes an exhaust Y-pipe (JBA p/n 2945Y) for
connecting either their headers (JBA p/n 1945S-1 fits '96
Dak w/ 318), the stock manifolds, or (I assume) similar
shorty smog-legal headers made by others such as Flowtech.

The left and right tubes are 2" diam and feed into a 2-1/2"
diam collector which is the stock size for the remainder of
the exhaust piping. I asked JBA if the collector could be
enlarged to a 3" diameter (for a single pipe exhaust system)
and they said NO, recommending that I instead have a custom
Y-pipe fabricated.

My question to the DML group is therefore, "Is there some
other manufacturer you know of who makes a Y-pipe for
connecting shorty headers to a 3" diam exhaust system ?"
The JBA Y-pipe was the only applicable one I found carried
by Performance Center. I do not find any Dodge Y-pipes in
the Summit catalog. It does not appear that Flowtech makes
any Y-pipes, despite making headers !

Dennis Anderson