Re: May have to miss Daktoberfest

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 20:29:31 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> : Got into an accident on the way home tonight. I rear-ended a '97 Grand
> : Cherokee. Lost some coolant, broke the grille, bent the bumper to hell,
> : buckled the hood, broke some lights, messed up the fascia, who knows
> : what else. I'll post a few pictures later tonight.
>

> They're dropping like flies! :-( I hope you can make it out Andy,
> but either way I hope you can get the Dak back to new soon! (Hmmm,
> maybe they will give you a 4x4 rental?) ;-)

Likely not. Insurance is giving me $25/day for a rental, which if I
take to Enterprise will get me a 2-door Neon for $10/day out of pocket.
  Will have to see what the body shop has.

> You didn't mention
> anything about yourself, so I assume you are OK, which is a good thing.

I think I'm OK, right knee feels like it might have hit the steering
column, but then again I'm still in shock.

> How did the tow hooks hold up? :-)

Not quite sure yet, I haven't been underneath.

> (You SEE how far the reach of the mud pit extends?) ;-)

Funny you should mention that. I noticed out on the road that a LOT of
Steigermud had broken loose and was dusted over a good number of the
horizontal surfaces in there.