Re: May have to miss Daktoberfest

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 23:01:44 EDT

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:

: jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
:> andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
:>
:> : Got into an accident on the way home tonight. I rear-ended a '97 Grand
:> : Cherokee. Lost some coolant, broke the grille, bent the bumper to hell,
:> : buckled the hood, broke some lights, messed up the fascia, who knows
:> : what else. I'll post a few pictures later tonight.
:>
:>
:> They're dropping like flies! :-( I hope you can make it out Andy,
:> but either way I hope you can get the Dak back to new soon! (Hmmm,
:> maybe they will give you a 4x4 rental?) ;-)

: Likely not. Insurance is giving me $25/day for a rental, which if I
: take to Enterprise will get me a 2-door Neon for $10/day out of pocket.
: Will have to see what the body shop has.

   Oh well. :-P Of course, you are welcome at Daktoberfest no matter
what you're driving. (Heck, if we will let the Adam Blaster in with an
Exploder, a neon is a shoe-in!) ;-) (Hmmm, I just realized that the
little "Explorer -> Exploder" play on words takes on a WHOLE new meaning
when the Adam Blaster is behind the wheel...) =)

:> You didn't mention
:> anything about yourself, so I assume you are OK, which is a good thing.

: I think I'm OK, right knee feels like it might have hit the steering
: column, but then again I'm still in shock.

   That sounds promising, anyway. Hopefully you won't wake up with too
many new aches and pains.

:> How did the tow hooks hold up? :-)

: Not quite sure yet, I haven't been underneath.

:> (You SEE how far the reach of the mud pit extends?) ;-)

: Funny you should mention that. I noticed out on the road that a LOT of
: Steigermud had broken loose and was dusted over a good number of the
: horizontal surfaces in there.

   Hmmm, sounds like an X files episode... ;-) Well, if its any
consolation, your truck doesn't look too bad. Certainly, its going
to take a pretty penny to get it back to normal (good thing for
insurance - hopefully), but from what I've seen so far it looks like
its all cosmetic, with the possible exception of the radiator fluid -
depending on what happened there you might need a new radiator. It
could have been much worse! (Heh - I suppose it can *always* "have
been much worse") ;-)

  Best of luck on the recovery for both you and your dak!!!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'