Re: Spanish Rice

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 21:55:51 EDT

Tonight I was driving de ole Geo Tracker, cruising @ steady 60 and this
older riced civic was in the passing lane trying to pass me. I could hear
his stereo(sounded like piezo tweeters only) over mine. He was gaining
ground but I could see him positioned to absorb the bouncing as he had done
a "torch" lowering. Although he was being wracked by incredible g-forces
from the bouncing, he was slighly ahead of me(I'm still doing 60). As he
braces himself for the final burst of speed(to maybe 63 mph) I noticed his
dash mounted tach-about 8" in diameter, backlit with a 100watt bulb and w/
the shift light on the whole time. Geez.

Plus the other day I saw a newer civic with a HUGE rear wing(polished
aluminum). The wing must have been about 2' above the body, a massive
support/strut arrangement, and about 2' deep. And get this--it was
perpendicular to the airflow. With an air brake that large, he could stop on
a dime and leave 9¢ change.

--Patrick Delgado
2000 FR RC R/T; 9 psi Powerdyne w/ 7-rib pulley, Gatorback belt, F&B stage I
TB, TV cable adj., Homebrewed K&N 0920 behind foglight, MAP boost bypass,
IAT relocation, MSDBTM, MSD 8.5 superconductors, 3923's, MP computer, NO
CAT, katbox, full Hotchkis kit, Bilsteins, 275/50 nittos and 305/45 BFG's,
powerslots/QS pads, Jason cap. In possession but not in position; Belly pan
plate and traction bars.