Re: Interior is getting wet

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 16:47:18 EDT

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Michael Burns wrote:

> The last couple of times it has rained or I've washed my car, my passenger
> side carpet is getting soaked somehow. At least I think it is when I wash
> the car, and yes all the windows are up and stuff. It is a 2002 4x4 sport
> and it shouldn't be doing this. When I wash the car I usually pull up the
> mats and shake them out. And the last couple of times the passenger one is
> soaking wet.
>
> I asked a friend about this and he has a buddy who works for DC and he has
> heard that the dakotas have had problems with their floor boards rusting
> out. Has anyone else heard this, because I sure haven't.

        I had a similar porblem, turned out to be a poorly sealed
winshield. If the water seems to be coming in from the passenger side
front corrner of the cab and you want to try to find it yourself,
you'll need to:
1. Pull the trim off the A pillar and the passenger floorboard
2. Have someone hose down the truck while you are inside
3. Look for water to come pouring out of the passenger front corner of
the headliner.

If this happens, it's the upper seal on the windshield. Dealer had a
glass shop caulk the top edge of the widnshield (bending the headliner
in the process) and it hasn't leaked since. I bitched about the
headliner getting bent and the carpet being moldy and they replaced
the carpet for free but said they couldn't really do anything about
the headliner, the glass shop said it was like that when they got it.
BS. I rubbed the headliner a bunch with a diaper cloth and you can't
even see the crease anymore.

Corey Betka
'01 4.7l 4x4 CC Forest Green w/dumbo ears