RE: last Sniper Victim

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 05:54:59 EDT

This is getting way off topic. But, I think I gotta put in my two cents
worth. We call ourselves a democracy, and we really are, at least loosely.
The electoral college has nothing to do with our being a republic either.
We originally wrote ourselves the Articles of Confederation which was never
ratified and was replaced by the Constitution, ratified by a majority of
the states. Since the Constitution spells out who are to be our countries
rulers and lawmakers, and we hold free elections, we are considered to be a
democratic representative republic.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE