RE: 2004 Chevy SSR - What a joke of pricing...

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 16:52:24 EDT

i read (either in motor week or car and driver) last night, that the main
reason for the disappearance of the F-Bodies was for lack of sales, and the
primary reason for that was the incredible price on any performance version
of those cars ($40,000 for a WS6 TransAm). i think GM is smoking something
really bad if they expect people to dish out $40,000+ for a pickup truck
that doesn't even have the capabilities of a higher-powered, higher-capacity
Ram (although admittedly slower on the 1/4 mile, so don't bash me on that),
that has the (arguably) most recognizable (and feared) name attached to
it... HEMI.

just my 2 cents... then again, i wouldn't want to buy a chevy truck
anyways... :)

Gabe Couriel

http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
3.9L V6
5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
3.21 Open Rear End

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Stlaurent Mr Steven Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 3:15 PM To: 'dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net' Subject: DML: 2004 Chevy SSR - What a joke of pricing...

If you haven't heard...maybe the fear of reprisal is coming to Chevy with the latest Dakota SRT-8 and its fame 5.7 motor. Chevy has up the ante on the motor now to a 330HP 5.3L but still has a automatic tranny. However, I had to laugh at the price: estimated at $42,000.

-------------------------------------- Steven St.Laurent C4I System Engineer Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365) "Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until voters discover they can vote themselves largess (generous gifts) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependence back again to bondage. (By Alexander Tyler Frasier, over 200 years ago.)