RE: Oil leak!!

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 17:21:04 EDT

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of BARRY OLIVER
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 3:32 PM

I seem to have developed a small oil leak somewhere around the front of the
engine. EEK

Barry,
Interestingly, I just had the front crank seal replaced two days ago. ('99
CC, 46K) Had been keeping the front of the oil pan moist and slippery for a
couple of months. My mechanic said the harmonic balancer looked OK but the
seal was gunked with, guess what, ST_ _ GER MUD! (;-D) The likely cause of
the seal failure was the mud working into the seal from outside.