Daktoberfest (was: Oil leak!!)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 20:18:09 EDT

"Neil W. Bellenger" <neil624b@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

: That's not harsh at all Jon. I don't count myself as a victim since I drove
: the truck home from the BBQ without problems and have been driving it daily
: since then.

  I'll go along with that. :-)

: However, the news here is not good. We just received word that there has
: been a death in my wife's family. It's nothing that we haven't been
: expecting but it means that I should be here with the rest of the family
: this weekend. Sorry to thin out the attendance by one more.

    I'm sorry to hear that, and also sorry you won't be able to make it.
Hopefully we'll see you at the BBQ next year though! Wow - what is it
about Daktoberfest, and its ability to whittle down the participant list?
Its a good thing I'm not the superstitious type! ;-)

   So, as it stands right now, it looks like it will be myself, Jason,
Norah, Ed, Tom, Bob, and Jim. That's still a decent group. :-) The
color is pretty nice, we can probably find grapes still in the vinyard
if anyone wants some or to take some home (crop was low this year so
parts of it we didn't even bother picking). We've had a few days of
rain so everything should be super muddy, hopefully it will let up
a little bit for us to be able to enjoy some wheeling though. :-)
The current forecast is calling for a 50% chance of early showers on
Saturday, then partly cloudy, highs in the mid 50s.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'