Update to Buzz List of What not to expect...though I had to laugh about the 2500 Ram

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:29:56 EDT

One of my Ace Buzz Patrollers just sent in a list of the current delays and
holds for Chrysler Dodge and Jeep models. The list refers to "holds" in
Chrysler's ordering system. Just because an option has a hold on it, doesn't
mean that it won't be built only that it can't be ordered at this time.
Often packages are put on hold because there have been more orders then
expected for a certain option combo.
On the truck front the good news is that dealers will be able to order HEMI
powered Ram 1500's beginning December 3. The bad news is that the list
states that the HEMI with the 5-speed manual transmission option for the
1500 is "on hold until further notice." Also "on hold until further notice"
for the 1500 is the "4.7L Mag V8, next gen" and the rear window defroster.
Not sure what the "next gen 4.7" refers to, I'll let you know what I find
out. On the Ram 2500 and 3500 the HEMI is on hold until 12/02/02, the HD
snow plow prep group is on hold until further notice as is the six disc CD
changer and rear defroster. The HEMI with five speed manual is also on hold
until further notice.
It's also listed that the power liftgate option for the T&C, Voyager and
Caravan minivans is "on hold until further notice." Not sure if this is due
to a technical or safety issue or just supply? I'll keep you posted.
Would be PT Turbo buyers will be glad to hear that 2.4 liter turbo engine
with five speed manual package will become available for order next week.
Dealers will be able to order the PT's chrome accents group on the first of
November on hold until 11/01/02. The Sebring's the 2.7 liter V6 with
Autostick option is also "on hold until further notice."

Steven St.Laurent
2003 Dodge 2500 Quad Ram Hemi 5.7 (Oct 20)
2000 Dodge Dakota Hemi 4.7 (Some idot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk) soon to be a cruiser
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift Haybusa GT (fastest stock sub-compact at 200HP/1775lb
vehicle)

Future Purchases:
2000(?) Dodge Truck (next project vehicle)
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a V-10 (replace the Tracker)