Re: 2003 Hemi Ram test drive

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 23:41:41 EDT

Thats not a fault! Thats wonderful! I put clearance lights on both my
2wd and 4x4 Daks. Not a lighted sun visor, but auctual
drop-the-headliner-to-install clearance lights.

Afterall it's a 2500 HD Ram (mmm truck)... it deserves the clearance
lights! (I know I know not everyone likes them, and it is your truck
and you should get what you want!)

However.. if you did not specify the lamps on your order, and you do not
want to pay for them, and you were charged for them, then I would make a
fuss. At the very least you shoulnd't have to pay if you didn't want
them. I know, from having installed the lights, that its NOT easy to get
to the wires. The interior will have to be taken apart. Headliner,
most of your trim panels. And I don't know how good the techs are at
your Dodge dealer, but I wouldn't trust mine to put all that back
together nice and neat and perfectly. With that said I suppose yu could
just remove the amber domes, cap the wires after removing the bulb
sockets... and plug the holes... you would want paint matching plugs I
assume, if you used black plastic plugs, they will more than likely be
visible.