Re: Any engine differences between auto and 5 speed?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:30:16 EDT

I've done lots of engine compatibility research because of my 4x4 Dak
(looking for upgrades and mods) Based on my knowledge Jon, the only
thing that would be different would be computer related stuff. One
thing is if the engine was OBDI or OBDII. If you are going for a stock
replacement, to simplify things, I would get a 318 from an OBDI truck
for the Ram. (the Ram uses OBDI right? Its a Magnum 91 engine so it should)

I think there would be electrical connector differences (sensors etc)
between an OBDI and an OBDII engine. Other than that - it should not
matter if it came from a manual or auto truck.

It should be a direct bolt in, but get a another opinion anyway.

--
Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/