Re: PREP plugs url (hydrolock)

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 20:41:51 EDT

Back in my dirt track days we ran a 283 Chevy in our car. One night we had
an intake valve head on # 3 cyl break off and drop down in the cylinder at
about 7000 rpm. When the piston came back up it pushed the valve head
through the head, filling the cylinder and intake with water. This filled
all the other cylinders in order, bending all seven rods to a nice 90deg
angle. Chances are if you got enough water in there to lock the engine,
something is hurt. I doubt you were just idling in the mud.

Mark