Re: Re: Alternate tire sizes?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 20:59:26 EDT

Thanks for the reference, Terry. That thread was very helpful.

I'm looking for an A/T tire because of the poor winter performance of the
stock goodyears. They might as well be skis or racing slicks...

The current frontrunners are:
BFG A/T KO
Michelin LTX A/T
Bridgestone Dueler A/T

I see that Don Mallett has the BFG's, in a 31x10.5, on his 2WD QC (though
one part of his site says they are 30x10.5's - www.geocities.com/maldbnsf).
It also says that the stock tires were 31x10.5x15 Wranglers. I didn't know
you could get those on a 2WD. Don, do the 31x10.5 BFG fit alright with no
rubbing? I was considering the 30x9.5's (I want something a little narrower
for cutting through the snow). My truck came with the 255/75/15's on the
15x8 rims, so I was a bit skeptical that they'd fit. I'm pretty sure the
31x10.5's Wranglers are what my dad got on his 4WD durango.

Korey