Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alternate tire sizes?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 17:38:26 EDT

You can use 265/70R16 as a replacement for 31". It's very, very close
(that's what's on the '01 Tire & Handling package to replace 31x10.5R15).

I've run 250 in the bed of my 4x4 the last 2 winters and it's been pretty
good. You do NOT want to air down the tires in snow! You'll "float" more
rather than cutting through to get to the pavement or compact the snow to
get a good surface to bite.