DML Tire and Wheel Calculator - updated!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 01:39:57 EDT

   I was stuck at my computer here for a little while so I took
advantage of the time to update the DML Tire and Wheel calculator.
When I first wrote that program a long time ago in a galaxy far
far away, I didn't even know that the inch sizing existed. (Maybe
that was a good thing - I didn't hydrolock engines back then either...)
  ;-)

   ANYWAY... This is something that has bugged me - and I have wanted
to add inch capability to it for some time. Unfortunately, because
all of the calculations are based on the P metric sizing, it wasn't
possible (in the time allotted) to seamlessly support the inch sizes.
Some day, I might create an "inch" only version of the calculator.
But that will have to wait.

  So, what I compromised with was, whenever the calculator gives
you a tire size in P-metric format, it also lists the equivalent
inch style size right next to it. That takes care of the outputs...
For the inputs, I created a Javascript calculator which allows you
to convert from P-Metric to inch, and vice-versa. So, to compare
an inch style tire, you just use the quick calculator to get the
equivalent P-metric size, and plug that into the calculator. This
does introduce some small rounding errors, but nothing really of
any significance...

  So anyway, just wanted to let everyone know about that. TTYL!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'