Re: Re: Tuned Up -- and a question.

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 10:50:47 EST

<snip> Why would a tune-up change your cruising RPM? I don't get it.

Beats me. The only thing I can think of is the combination of cleaning the
TB and replacing all the other parts, let the engine work less to produce
the required amount of power to produce the desired speed. I know, the
final gear ratio is what determines engine speed, but if the engine is
properly tuned, using good quality parts it will run better. Maybe, thats
what accounted for the slight drop in cruising RPM.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE