Re: Re: Tuned Up -- and a question.

From: Terry Schwartz (tschw10117@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 12:47:54 EST

Hi Ray,

I believe you are seeing what you are seeing, but.... unless you did
something to the truck to change the final ratio, there is no way this can
happen. Now a poorly tuned engine could suck more fuel to maintain the same
RPM & speed as a well tuned engine, but a gear ratio is a gear ratio.

Is it an automatic? Did you do anything to the tranny this weekend?

Now you've got me wondering if maybe your ignition system was affecting your
tach reading -- this used to happen a lot with certain aftermarket tachs.
Poor wires, caps, rotor, etc. would cause noise affecting the reading, but
it was usually drastic, not subtle like you describe.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Terry.