Re: Lets try this again...

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 12:55:55 EST

Cian,
      I replied to an earlier post referring to lift kits for the 2WD
Dakota. I have a 98 Dak 2WD and I'm considering lifting it. Fabtech makes
the only kit I have found so far. The best price I found was at
truckperformance.com for $120 for 2inch and $600 for 3 inch. The reason for
the major price difference between the 2 and 3 inches is the 3 inch kit
comes with new upper control arms complete with new ball joints. The new
shocks run about $140 and are sold separately. Also, I just got off the
phone with Fabtech. They do not sell factory direct. They recommended I
contact National Tire and Wheel at 1-800-847-3287 and ask them for a price.
I haven't done that just yet and I starting to re-think even going as
little as 2 inches up. According to Fabtech, you can't run the stock wheel
with any of their lift kits. The reason is that the replacement coils for
the front are larger in diameter as well as being taller and the stock
wheel rim doesn't have enough back spacing to allow you to turn the wheel
to full lock without rubbing the spring on the wheel.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE